Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When I start it up and put in my password and enter it takes

Customer Question

when I start it up and put in my password ***** enter it takes me to my app screen witch is normal. then it starts flashing from my app screen to a blank green screen over and over.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: dell inspiron . I don't know the model and the screen has not been a problem
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: there is nothing I can do . it won't let me click on anything
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, and thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please, is the app screen a web page? Or you mean your desktop?

And which version of windows are you using?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
desktop
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
8.1
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you

Can you tell me please when this problem started?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
last week
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you

Can you please do the following

Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.

Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.

Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.

Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when this was last working

Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.

Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.

System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.

Once done, tell me if it is now functioning correctly.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't do anything . I can't click on anything
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

The first part is to type, not click, can you do that please?

Or you also cannot type on it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is no where to type. the screen goes from me startup app screen to a blank green screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

you just start typing, exactly as per my instructions please.