Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I tried the boot services but I cannot connect to anything.

Customer Question

I tried the boot services but I cannot connect to anything. I was trying to do a recovery and nothing will show up other than the boot, everything is blank. Acer Aspire 5560-7851.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was in the Army Womens Corp long before you were born!
I have windows 7
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I didnt see your remote service request. Until we get the machine working I wouldnt be able to remotely connect, as it needs a working internet connection and windows needs to be running before I could connect.

Now, when you mentioned that you tried to do a recovery, can you describe to me the process you used?

Also, if you go into the bios and check the boot settings, what is listed as your first boot device, word for word?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HDDO:Hitachi HTS543232A7A384
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my home phone is(###) ###-#### Could we continue this tomorrow afternoon? About or after 3? I am totally exhausted.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot connect to the internet on it, just the Tiano setup that's as far as it goes.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I only have talk and text on the cell phone. You have to call my home phone.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you can figure it out, you can tell me what to do. If not call me tomorrow around 3pm or I'll call then.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Tomorrow after three sounds good to me, as its currently around 1 am local time. I will watch for your replies tomorrow.

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I never heard back from you. Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S