Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I forgot my sign up AND PASSWORD ON MY MINI. i ENTERED THE

Customer Question

I forgot my sign up AND PASSWORD ***** MY MINI. i ENTERED THE UPDATE AND NOW i CANNOT GET BEACK INTO MY SYSTEM
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the iPad mini tablet? Or another device?

Is it currently showing an email address (or part of an email address) on the device?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is a mini IPad.No email address shown

Is this a new iPad? Or was it working fine previously?

Can you please tell me everything it is currently showing on your iPad's screen?

Does it show something like "This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID ([email protected]). Sign in the ID that was used to set up this iPad.", or something similar?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is an older device. Shows activate Ipad asking for apple ID and Password

1. Does it show something like "This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID ([email protected]). Sign in the ID that was used to set up this iPad.", or something similar?

2. Do you also have a windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 computer, or a mac computer? If yes, do you have the iTunes program installed on the computer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing else shown I have a HP2509 computer with windows 10 not signed on to ITunes

Thank you. To fix the iPad, we can connect the iPad to the computer first. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix your iPad directly through your computer for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no just forget it. and cance; any charges. i will go over to the apple store

I'm sorry. Is there any issue? Apple store can take long and they may charge you a lot more. I can fix your iPad issue quickly right now; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. If you do not want quick, direct remote support, we can continue with written instructions. Or would you prefer phone call? We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just cancel. I don't have the time right now. Thanks for your attention. Make sure you cancel all charges and memmbership

You're welcome. Monthly support membership / subscription is only optional; this is a one-time support session per your request. Can we continue when you are available? When can you be available? Please let me know; we guarantee to fix this issue for you. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will be available at 10:30 AM Pacific time tomorrow. Call me at 1(###) ###-#### Thank you

Thank you. Tomorrow, you can connect the iPad to the computer, then I can connect remotely to your computer and fix your iPad directly and quickly through your computer for you.

I've emailed you, so tomorrow, when you are available, please open the email message from JustAnswer / Viet, then click on the View Response link in my email message in order to get back to me at this web page and reply back here to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. I resolved the issue. No need for follow up..

You're welcome. Great. Do you need help with anything else? Thank you for the update.