Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My account was hacked. I changed the password but all my

Customer Question

my account was hacked. I changed the password ***** all my mail was deleted. how do I get it back
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: I changed the password. What else should I do
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Help me do that
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think not. You need to tell him that I am an elderly lady and he should go slowly
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please for which email service this is for?

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i cant tell if you are with me
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I am with you, if you click on the Trash folder on the left, do you see any emails still listed there?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.