Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Yahoo keeps telling me my yahoo settings are out of

Customer Question

Yahoo keeps telling me my yahoo settings are out of date?????
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I don't know -- at least two or three days --I can't access my latest emails -- they also keep asking me to update my password??
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Don't know - this is a new computer --someone helped me get it hooked up - that was last January.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None...
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No - HELP!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dell computer - Windows 10
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Okay, we need to get access to your yahoo acct. If you are using chrome, internet explore etc.

Please use another browser and go to your mail login there for yahoo and try to log in again.

I am also sending you a remote session offer. It is additional but optional. If you do not want

me to login and do this with you, do not accept.

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.