Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I need to find out if my computer has been compromised. I

Customer Question

I need to find out if my computer has been compromised. I called this number to get help because my facebook account has been hacked. The person I talked to said that all my devises have been compromised at Level 5 IP. That no person at microsoft could help me.
Only security provider experts. He gave me this information , but wouldn't give me a name or phone number. 2850 HWY 15, Walnut, MS 38683. The number I called is 1(###) ###-#### He said they would charge something like $470. He got upset and hung up when I wouldn't agree immediately. I gave him some information and he got into my computer.
Now I am terribly worried because I did give him some information and he got into my computer. He led me to believe that he works for facebook and I was just wanting it cleared up.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

let me know when you are ready.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi Charlotte,

Unfortunately, this is 100% a scam. If you gave them access to your computer, I can connect to your computer to remove anything that they may have installed.

I am sending you the offer for remote assistance so I can connect to your computer and fix any issues for you.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.