Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Have a Sam4s 2000 that we put into service at a restaurant

Customer Question

Have a Sam4s 2000 that we put into service at a restaurant /bar after several years in a yogurt shop. Yet to reprogram but a few things, so virtually everything is being entered as an 'Open Item'. Never had a spot for tips on the receipt, but now at the restaurant it's important. Got it to print two copies of the receipt (credit card signature and their copy) with a 'TIP' line, but only after the card has been ran do we get these receipts and too late for the customer to enter a tip. So, I think what needs to be done is printing a receipt, even if it is a bunch of Open Item first - is this what's called a guest ticket? Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that what you ask about last, in your well-expressed question, is about 'guest checks'. Or printed guest checks. I think I can help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Really need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

OK. Is another ten minutes OK? I have a few other cases... but I'm glad you got back to me on this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok wasn't sure of your time zone

Eastern Daylight Time. For me it's about 7 p.m. but I'm still at work.

I have one other case I need to get to, then I'll prepare your answer. Thank you for your patience.

OK, I am back to your case. Preparing your answer now...

Do you know about the use of the TIP 1 - 3 keys? that's used to add a tip to a check.

Also there's the CHARGE TIPS PAID (to an employee?) key.

Still researching...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that's how I got the Tip line on the receipt in the first place.

Receipts are printed by pressing the RECEIPT key of course.

What you need is, it would seem, Guest Checks. You open them, with a number assigned by the register.

Then when you want to print a Guest Check to a loose-leaf printer, you use the

SLIP

function key to print a guest check. The printer used to print the guest check is a programmed parameter. Also, whether the Guest Check is left open, or closed automatically when you print a SLIP, is another programming parameter for this function.

(Does this answer your question?)