Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

I can no longer switch it on!! About two weeks, I took it to

Customer Question

I can no longer switch it on!!
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: About two weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took it to a local computer repair store who said because it is more of a tablet he couldn't help, but he thought the on/off switch was the problem
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: A Transformer Book
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I bought it in Canada last August, but have not used it much, and I can't find the receipt.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It's a shame if the receipt cannot be found, but more crucially, was that more or less than a year ago?

If less than a year ago, the tablet/transformer is covered by warranty from Asus (or whatever maker name made the tablet/transformer in question.)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think it may be longer, but I also think it has a 2 year warranty. I can get a date from my bank next week, I mistakenly thought that this service was part of Asus, so I really don't think this is what I need. can I get out of this monthly payment??

This is We are not a part of Asus, though the Asus site may have directed you here.

I have no power over billing, payments, etc.

I must refer you inquiry about subscription status or monthly payment, to Customer Support at

which can address your concerns, if you would send them an email about it.

Thank you for asking your question here at, and I feel that you have been directed onto the right track to follow, at least, with regard to this Asus transformer/tablet problem.