Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I have a Lenovo Model 1068 that came with Windows 7. We

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo Model 1068 that came with Windows 7. We tried the update to Windows 10 and have had many problems. It currently cycles restarting to a blue screen with Automatic Repair, but isn't able to repair itself. I'd like to go back to Windows 7. I have the installation manger and application to do that, but can't get the computer to boot from the USB drive.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hi!

Power off your computer and while it is powering on, keep pressing the F12 key to access the boot menu so you can select USB as an option to boot to.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done that numerous times selecting the specific USB but when it restarts, it by passes the USB and tries the normal reboot.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried that before contacting Just Ask
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I understand. Unfortunately, I do not know what you have tried before contacting us.

Are you sure the USB device is a bootable device? What exactly is on the drive?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Win7_HomePrem_SP!_English_x64 and Windows7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool-Installer-en-US
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

The download installer tool needs to be run in order to create the bootable ISO file. Did you run the download tool installer and create an .ISO file?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I ran it when it was downloaded. But that was on a different computer since the lenovo won't boot. I have no way to run it on the lenovo presently
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

The USB Download install requires that you locate the ISO file when creating a bootable USB.

Did you locate the ISO file?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well thanks for trying. I'm sorry you weren't able to help. I expect that means I won't be charged.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I am still here -- It is likely that your USB was not properly setup as a bootable device. If it was bootable, it would load after selecting it from the Boot Menu.