Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service

Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e: Is there a way to operate the

Customer Question

Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e: Is there a way to operate the touchscreen through a protective glass plate/through a window? Mike
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your ThinkPad?
Customer: Yoga 11e 2-in-1 11.6 inch
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The laptop works fine. No troubleshooting. I want to place the laptop behind protective glass and operate the touchscreen "through the glass".
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, this is it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The resistive system consists of a normal glass panel that is covered with a conductive and a resistive metallic layer. These two layers are held apart by spacers, and a scratch-resistant layer is placed on top of the whole setup. An electrical current runs through the two layers while the monitor is operational. When a user touches the screen, the two layers make contact in that exact spot. The change in the electrical field is noted and the coordinates of the point of contact are calculated by the computer. Once the coordinates are known, a special driver translates the touch into something that the operating system can understand, much as a computer mouse driver translates a mouse's movements into a click or a drag.

Due to the sensors that the electrical pulses pick up on a touch screen, another 'glass' over this Lenovo will only

cause it to have issues. You can use a cover such as the phones have made for monitors though, like this one

(this is example only)

Did you want me to try and find one for you for your Lenovo?

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.