Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My T61 will not power up. I tried the 10 one sec power

Customer Question

My T61 will not power up. I tried the 10 one sec power button pushes followed on the 10th with a 30 second push. Trying the battery got nothing
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It went down last week so I went to San Diego w/o it. Now that I am back I am seeking help.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Detachment of AC and battery 30 minutes plus.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, a lot of other people online said the "10/30" tactic worked but it didn't
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello Cameron, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Lenovo. Please give me further details so I can better assist you.

You mention the battery. Have you tried removing the battery, and plugging in only the AC adapter, and then powering on the computer? If so, what happens , and do you have any lights or noises or fans running at all?