Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My gmail account: It duplicates up to 10 times the single

Customer Question

My gmail account: It duplicates up to 10 times the single message I have received. This happens in the 'trash'. Currently I have listed 28,157 emails in the trash on my iPhone, and on iPad. Same thing on iMac desktop. Why? I have probably a fraction of those actually without the multi duplications. They are from my gmail account.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: I'm not sure. I usually use my opt online account as primary one and only today had someone from their help center solve the problem. I've only had my iPhone for 9 months and am not a big user of gmail.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: optonline help recommended I call your phone line but they asked for a pin ?? which I couldn't remember which is why I'm writing this to you.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: what should I know so that I can ask questions and get help on line?
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. Is the problem ONLY with the trash folder?

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this. To confirm, this issue occurs in all your devices, i.e., iMac computer, iPhone, and iPad. Is that correct?

Is it happening with both old and new email messages?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,