Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Got Toshiba l755-s5213 (2013) that wont update after loading

Customer Question

got Toshiba l755-s5213 (2013) that wont update after loading orig install cd's(4) and intermittently wont turn on! Also IEXP11 wont respond...as well as freezes due to unknown long sclripts..after bringing up homepage (https://att.yahoo.com). Repair actions so far: #1..had PC-TEK in Miami replace mnbd, #2..replaced and upgraded DD3 to 8 GB, #3..installed new Seagate HD (500 GB)...check batt with Toshiba batt check APP and it is not the defective production line item..........Got exact same problem now as when I made the changes of hardware and after I ordered the factory install orig cd's.
Suspicion's are coming to mind that the repair shop probably did not install my NEW REPLACEMENT MNBD (L755-S5213) and the signal path chip (IRQ's) is def on the mnbd so I got intermittent problems as soon as the board heats up. am I probably right?
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello Vernon, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the Toshiba. You listed some repairs/replacements on the unit, but it's best to start from the actual symptoms you are having now. How often does the unit not turn on, and when it does that, how do you get it to turn on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
PC TEK has the unit since 8/17/2016 and say they experienced the problem after running a diagnostic...on the system. they claim they think it's the Toshiba WIN7 hp software is no good or defective. they claim they checked it for 6 hours...and cannot find the problem. Unit will not update and intermittent wont turn on after software shutdown thru software power off opt.

How often does the unit not turn on, and when it does that, how do you get it to turn on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
INTERMITTENT MEANS AFTER A FEW MIN IT WILL TURN ON USING POWER BUTTON. THIS IS A ELECTRONICS (TV/VCR REPAIR) TERM. PERHAPS IT IS A COOL DOWN SITUATION...ESPECIALLY IF THEY NEVER INSTALLED MY NEW MNBD....THEN THE PROBLEM WOULD RE-OCCUR.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are there any notices from Toshiba repair to certified TOSHIBA techs?

Actually, if the unit is not turning on, or turning off unexpectedly, that's usually due to a power supply issue. That's why I was asking about how often that particular problems occurs.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
new motherboard installed 30 days ago..to eleviate no response to mouse and intermittent powe on or unknown reason for shutdown......Toshiba app....for batt check....indic no prob....power converter is built in on new mnbd....problem should have changed, not remained the same. I am talking to you on a Gigabyte-Intel-Nvida..pc I built...(8 gb dd3) so I cannot let you connect to it...it's at the repair shop...I will pickup tomorrow...I try another shop.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am an X ATT TECH and am familiar switches, power supplies but I don't like working with laptops...to many tiny screws and I never trained to work on em.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pls review notices from TOSHIBA....

Vernon,

Since you do not have the computer you are asking about , I will opt your question out to other experts for review.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It obvious you are reading from a script...I know more than you. ARE YOU IN INDIA OR PAKISTAN? GOODBYE
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

If two motherboards are experiencing the same issue.. And if we give the PC tech company the benefit of the doubt that they did install the new board, and installed it correctly.

Then in my mind that points to this being a bios issue. What version of bios are you running? Is it the newest version of the bios applicable to that motherboard?

If you dont want to continue, let me know so I can send you the refund link.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.