Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I was instructed to reset my password yesterday because it

Customer Question

Good Morning,
I was instructed to reset my password ***** because it was going to expire. Evidently when I wrote it down, I wrote it incorrectly. I have tried for hours to get into the computer and I can't. I have my own home care business and really need to get in and get moving. I do not have a disk to reset the password ***** Can you please help me with this. I am using my receptionists computer at this time.
Thanks,
Marcy
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In order to help you, I need to know what operating system you have on your device. Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or do you have a Mac?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
windows 10

do you see an email instead of your name for login screen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, it costs more money
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No password *****

On the password ***** what does it say the name of your user account is exactly?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Caring Hearts & Hand

Do you have backups of your files from that computer?

Due to not using your microsoft account when logging into your computer, reset options require a password.

Your options if you dont have an email as your user name is ***** ***** it or get a recover key drive/disk.

You can even download one from here on another computer, or buy the cd itself, then put it in your win 10 computer and boot

from that CD.

http://www.top-password.com/reset-windows-password.html

This guide will help you use the cd:

http://www.top-password.com/blog/turn-off-password-expiration-in-windows-8-7-vista-xp/

How would you like to proceed?

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin