Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I love my ACER Chromebook 11. However, this morning, I was

Customer Question

I love my ACER Chromebook 11. However, this morning, I was online with facebook and all of a sudden my screen went black! Now, I can't turn it on or turn off the notebook, and I have tried everything possible to get the screen to come back on. I used it with the power cord, and I used it without any connections. I checked the router, but nothing works. The "blue" light on the left stays on continuously. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 months ago.

Hello Rita, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having these troubles. I'll see what I can do to help.

Have you tried or are you able to remove the BATTERY from the unit? If you can remove the battery, have you tried running with just the AC adapter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I have not removed the battery. I don't think I have an AC adapter. (please don't laugh)

I can try to find details about your model, but if the batter can be removed, you should see a way with a sliding latch of some sort on the bottom of the unit. Usually you'll push the release and then pull out or let the battery sort of fall out.

AC adapter is power cord.