Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

It's more with my e-mail account. I have an HP laptop, an

Customer Question

It's more with my e-mail account. I have an HP laptop, an iPhone and a power mac. I keep getting mailer daemon in my in box. I am not sending any e-mail but they keep coming several times a day. currently I have 279 e-mails in my in bax of which only about 170 are actual mail daemon. I notice that the addresses are from saved e-mails, face boo, etc
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Not at home but it's running OS 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried deleting folders with saved e-mails that contain some of the addresses I've noticed. I've tried turning on only oe device at a time but it doesn't matter, they keep coming.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. I concluded it's an account issue since it's happening across all 3 of my devices een when only one is turned on at a time.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

These types of scams/spamming e-mails are becoming extremely common these days and generally don't contain any viruses or malware - it's just spam advertising

Please change your password ***** away to avoid having this occur in the future. If you need assistance with changing your password, please Reply and let me know your email provider

Once you change your password, the spammer who is accessing your account from a different location will no longer have access to it and your account will be secured within 1-2 days.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.