Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Used PCs for 3 decades. The last one I had I bought windows

Customer Question

Used PCs for 3 decades. The last one I had I bought windows XP. Now I am trying an Apple lap top. It has windows installed. Nonetheless, I prefer my windows XP. When I purchased the software from microsoft, I was told the software may be installed on at least two computers (i forget it could have been five since I bought the professional). Also said if I bought a laptop or another PC the software could be used there as well. I no longer has the PC the software was installed on. It was installed with a disc. I have all the original packaging, discs and code. How do I install windows xp on mac? This laptop has no rom drive. Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

On the packaging, does it say whether you have windows xp home, starter, professional, enterprise, etc.

I need you to verify and lets be 100% sure, that way I can get you the correct information and install media.

Dustin S