Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Asus X200CA notebook is stuck on aptio set=up utility and

Customer Question

my Asus X200CA notebook is stuck on aptio set=up utility and i cant escape. I am not real tech knowledgable so try and keep it simple
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Are you saying the computer is stuck on the BIOS setup? What exactly comes up when you power the computer on?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry about the delayit first asks for my password ***** which i put in and it goes to Aptio set up utility
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
by america mega trends inc. version2.15.1227
  1. Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
  2. Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
  3. Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
  4. Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely.
  5. Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.

Let me know if you are now able to see the Windows recovery menu.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when i get to the boot menu there are several selection , with the cursor locked out i cant get it to select froom the list with either up and down or side to side arrows. It has a pointer next toDelete boot option. If i change to saysecurity , then i can select as with all other, but not on boot
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how can i connect my computer for you to fix when i cant get out of this aptios crap? if i do connect, my cost would be $39 total price or $39 plus $36 dollars from asking for help?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello ! .... are you still here?

Try this instead.

1. Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
  2. Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
  3. Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
  5. Switch back on and continually hold FN + F9 for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.

Let me know if you are now about to see Windows Recovery Menu.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
okay same thing happens . the security menu come on, list of options, when i scroll using the arrows the only two selections that i can make is user password ***** interface security. below the interface selection issecure boot control (enabled). But the up and down arrows wont let me select it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when i hit enter on I/O interface, it dead ends me with usb interface security
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Again i am not very tech savy and may have inadvertently selected or changed a setting with out knowing.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
still stuck cant select
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
WTF? I want a refund.

Sorry, I am out of ideas on this. Will opt out to other experts for review. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it asks for my password, then it goes to aptio setup utility , no cursor available , have to navigate with arrows
Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

I provided my answer on another question page that you opened for this issue. Please check it there.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to read my answer.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 10 months ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since I provided an answer, and you haven't replied to my last message, so I am wondering if you still require assistance with the issue.

Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,