Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

Can anyone with wireless enternet get into my desk to

Customer Question

can anyone with wireless enternet get into my desk to computer and manage it with out me knowing. because iam having an issue an iam not sure if its me or someone else.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or mac computer?

What's the issue with your computer? Is there any error or message?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

And/or what's the brand / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you!

On the whole, if your computer is a desktop, it likely does not have a wireless card, as that is usually in laptops and very high end custom motherboards. Therefore, even if someone has a wireless card, they cannot hack into your PC that way, because your desktop doesn't have a receiver to receive it. Not to mention they would have to be in close proximity to your machine, even if they did have that - wifi on machines tend to have receivers, but it's the access points that generate those signals like radio waves that push out the signals with any decent radius.