Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a HP Pavilion desktop 510-p010, can I upgrade this

Customer Question

I have a HP Pavilion desktop 510-p010, can I upgrade this system with a ge-force memory card an add more ram
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
need to know if I have enough slots to upgrade this computer for better gaming
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
best buy service did not know with out breaking it open to see
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

Are you able to let me connect and I will do a scan for you?

Regards

Kris

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. You have one PCI-E (GEN 3) x16 socket that you can add a G-Force card to as long as it matches the socket. For the RAM upgrade, all you would need to do is increase the size from what you have. Let me know if you have any questions.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

The max ram Hp recommends for that system is 16 Gigabytes. The ram type is PC4-17000 (DRR4-2133)

Here is a 16 gigabyte kit compatible with your system. http://amzn.to/2bp3pD2

Now, heres the issue with upgrading the video card. The Motherboard in your desktop only has one PCI-e slot.. One PCI-E (GEN 3) x16 socket

If you already have a wireless card or sound card or something else in the slot, then you would need to remove it in order to upgrade the graphics. Next, Higher end video cards have a larger draw / impact on power. Your model only ships with a 180w power supply.

If you want to upgrade the video card, you must upgrade the power supply first. For example, here is a compatible 450 watt power supply http://amzn.to/2bAyfZU

Once you have the upgraded power supply.. My recommendation is this LOW profile 4 gigabyte 2.0 card http://amzn.to/2bp7IhE

You do not have a lot of space in that case, so you cannot run a dual slot card. You cant run a full size graphics card. And also since you dont have a lot of space you need a card that runs colder yet has enough power to make a real difference. The zotac card is set at a very low price point for the 4 gigabyte model, and will work in your case.

So with the ram, power supply and graphics card you should be able to play any game on the market. You may want to refrain from playing on extreme settings if you are after maximum FPS, but you will be able to handle any game as that card is direct x12 and windows 10 compatible.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.