Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design

How do I convert a quark 16 file into a jpeg for a web

Customer Question

How do I convert a quark 16 file into a jpeg for a web publication?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.
  1. Download and install Universal Document Converter software onto your computer.
  2. Open the document in QuarkXpress and press File->Print... in application main menu.
  3. Select Universal Document Converter from the printers list and press Properties... button.
  4. On the settings panel, click Load Properties.
  5. Use the Open dialog to select "Text document to PDF.xml" and click Open.
  6. Select JPEG image on the File Format tab and click OK to close the Universal Document Converter Properties window.
  7. Press OK in QuarkXpress Print dialog to start converting. When the JPEG file is ready, it will be saved to the My Documents\UDC Output Files folder by default.
  8. The converted document will then be opened in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer software or another viewer associated with JPEG files on your computer.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Give me a few minutes to try this.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Sure :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am on a mac, and the document converter is a microsoft product... let me see if I can find a mac version...
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't find it for the Mac! Please help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still here?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this a scam?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

No, Please try another program : Image Exporter XTension

choose File> Export Pages as Images

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot find the extension. Are you still here?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a windows computer please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I work on a Mac. That is why I have paid for your help. I am on a Mac OS10. Quark 2016. I have print files that I need to convert to jpeg. How do I do this?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it possible to find and download an extension for a mac document converter?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

save the files as EPS Xpress file then open them into Photoshop and save them in JPG, if you don't have Photoshop please use the link below to convert the EPS file to JPEG :

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I save the file as EPS Xpress. I don't see that as an option on the menu. Do I still need to download a file converter? Please help me.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
At this point, I feel like you are not familiar with Quark on the Mac platform.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I'am doing my best to help you, Please follow the steps below :

1. Open your file .
  2. Click on the Scripts menu icon
  3. Go to Saving > Each page as an EPS.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have Photoshop. I do not see a scripts menu icon in Quark 16 on my Mac.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am logging off. If I thought you could fix this, I would have u log on. But what you are telling me isn't making sense. I am under a deadline and have to go try to figure this out...
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 months ago.

I fear I am not making progress with this case, and cannot necessarily deliver what you are seeking, so I must Opt Out, with sincere regrets.

If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please try the following:

1. Export the Quark file as a PDF file.

2. Convert the PDF file to JPEG. Refer this article:

If you can't do it yourself, I can remote onto your Machine and show you how to do it. It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This sounds like a good plan. I am at an airport now waiting to get thru security. I really appreciate your help with this and will try your suggestion as soon as I can get they and open my laptop. I did not give the other guy a bad review - I didn't give him any review. Thank you very much. Will try your suggestion as soon as I get into they this line...

Okay, take your own time and let me know the result.