Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How can I restore my contact information, address book on

Customer Question

how can I restore my contact information, address book on aol. inadvertently deleted
JA: How long have you had this issue with your A.O.L. account?
Customer: one hour
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: is there a charge
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: what is the security of this help. how much is 'the rest?'
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having a problem with your AOL contact and address book. It would be my pleasure to help you with this. How do you access your AOL email? On a computer, a tablet or on your phone? Do you use the AOL APP or a browser like Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or Safari?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I think that the easiest way to troubleshoot this would be for me to remotely connect to your computer and work on it while you watch. I'd be happy to do this at no additional cost to you. Would you consider that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
reluctantly, yes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
cancel, asking no answer. disconnect.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I understand your reluctance. It is a bit scary to allow someone else to control your computer. but you will be able to see everything that I am doing and you will be able to terminate the connection at any time.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Your payment for the additional service failed, but that is not a problem, as I agreed to connect remotely at no additional charge.

To begin the remote session, please click the link below.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=16f2017a-1c1c-4211-9677-b5441229f7b7

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any problems.