Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.

I have a couple of Windon-XP, with a chrome browser, So can

Customer Question

I have a couple of Windon-XP, with a chrome browser, So can change to internt explorer? If I need some assistant update the driver, virus and mallware removals and tune up.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Ben.

While you can, you probably shouldn't. The issue here is that XP is now obsolete, and no longer supported. The versions of internet explorer that are supported on it are also out of date, and are not going to be very secure. You'd get better security/safety features by sticking with chrome. There would be no benefit to going to IE in your case.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but i have a message that chrome is no longer support in xp enviroment. so your suggestion is to get another computer with Window 7 and up processor?
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Well ideally, yes.

Older versions of chrome are supported, but they are not fully secure either, anything you do with xp is not fully secure is really just a bandaid. Ultimately, yes you should update to a newer computer with more ram/processor and update to windows 7/8/10.

At this point, I'd go ahead and just update to win10, because even 7 will be dropped for support before long as well.

I can certainly recommend a replacement computer for you, if you'd like to give me a bit of info on what you're looking for (desktop/laptop, typical activities, etc).

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Ben, please stick with me here on the original question,

Yes, I would recommend a new model. If you can tell me more about what your needs are, I'll recommend a suitable system for you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?