Seth Merrick explains
Seth Merrick explains, Computer Expert
Experience:  MCP, and can explain almost anything in layman's terms (and solve your issue)

I pluged the wrong adapter into my m audio code 49 midi

Customer Question

I pluged the wrong adapter into my m audio code 49 midi keyboard and now it will not turn on how can this be fixed
Category: Computer
Expert:  Seth Merrick explains replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.

1) Have you double-checked that the power cord didn't get bumped when you did this? Even if it appears to be firmly plugged in, please give it an extra good, firm push -- at both ends (both at the outlet, *and* at the other end, also: on the keyboard where the power cable connects).

2) Next thing:

Try unplugging the keyboard, and then instead plugging a lamp (lightbulb) or other item into the same outlet that the keyboard was plugged into.

.... This will test whether the problem is with the keyboard, or whether (possibly) the circuit has been shut off on the electrical outlet. (This can happen in a household when there is an overload.)

After you've done both those things, please let me know whether the problem is fixed or not.

If not:

I'm thinking that it would be easiest if we troubleshoot discuss this by phone. You can call or text me(###) ###-####/p>

- Seth, JA Tech Expert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This did not work i have also tryed the secondary option to draw power from usb port on laptop and still no sign of power

Hi, thanks for the response.

Please call me(###) ###-####-- or provide your phone#, and I can call you.
- Seth/Joseph