Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I can not get into my account. I think I have two email

Customer Question

I can not get into my account. I think I have two email addresses.***@******.*** and***@******.***. I had a phone number of(###) ###-#### I no longer have that phone and contacted facebook and changed number to(###) ###-#### Then I had to buy a new computer I had old info transferred to this one. but I also have facebook and email on my phone. my email on my phone is ***@******.*** my facebook name has always been ***** ***** Reavis. When I put in the last phone number of 2834 to reset my password, facebook does not acknowledge it. and I no longer have service to my old number. any passwords I enter do not work. and I can not receive anything from facebook as they do not acknowledge my new number.
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: Today. I have windows 10 and it seems to kick my off my computer and completely shut it down often. It did this this morning and I can not get back into facebook. I have it on my phone.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: When I try to reset my password, they tell me they sent it to my email address. I am not receiving it on my new phone number.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that is it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustANswer.com

.

My name is ***** ***** the expert helping you today.

During my review of your question, it seems you have listed a complex issue.

But the ultimate problem is your FaceBook Password.

.

YOu have changed phone numbers, and have lost access to the PREVIOUS number that was used for verification, which can cause some problems.

.

Lets begin with your FaceBook account login Username,m that you want to get the password ***** for.

We need to build up a info block, to spread out and connect the dots.

YOu listed a contradicting issue.

.

In one sentence you mentioned that you called facebook, and updated your account phone number to your new number.

"I had a phone number of(###) ###-####I no longer have that phone and contacted facebook and changed number to(###) ###-####"

.

But in the next sentence you said that when you enter in the last 4 digits of the new number 2834, the password ***** wont work.

"When I put in the last phone number of 2834 to reset my password, facebook does not acknowledge it."

.

This is a contradiction.

1. Either you didnt actually get the number changed when you called FB.
  2. FB failed to update the proper account.
  3. your trying to reset the password ***** the wrong FB account.

.

Any of which could have happened.