Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

My computer just crashed. BSOD. All my user files were

Customer Question

My computer just crashed. BSOD. All my user files were backed up, but all apps/software will need to be reloaded. My question is, for installed games, why don't game makers design it so your saved games go in a user file area. All my saved games seem to have been in the software/app section which gets wiped out during a reset. Windows 10 Asus gaming laptop.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Hi!

It depends on the game but a lot of games do create a save file on your computer. You would still need to download/install the game again but you can import the save file back into the folder and continue where you left off. It is a moot point right now if your computer has already had the BSOD but games do have that option.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. The website is giving me an error message when I try to rate you 5 stars. (Don't worry, it isn't me, I'm on a different computer). I will contact customer service and let them know I rated you 5 stars.
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Okay, thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I sent an email to customer service. This is the message it's giving me. "Sorry, your rating was not processed. Please refresh the page and try rating again. If the issue persists, contact Customer Care at 1-***-***-****." I tried refreshing the page and the error persisted. Please use this message to get credit if my message to customer service doesn't work. Thanks again
Expert:  Josh replied 3 months ago.

Will do. Thank you for letting me know about the rating error.