Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

My laptop's screen is black but it won't shut down, it's, an

Customer Question

my laptop's screen is black but it won't shut down
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: it's, an hp hewlett packard. it's new--ish and it's really only been a problem since abt one or two
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't. since I shut it down, the screen's been black and the power button has been on. But I can't use the keys or anything
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: uh, no. thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Push and hold down the laptop power button for 45 seconds and then release it the laptop must shut down, wait for 3 mins and then power it back on.Let me know how it goes.