Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors

I'm wondering if I've been hacked. Last night I opened an

Customer Question

I'm wondering if I've been hacked. Last night I opened an email that I thought was a new address from a friend I expected to email me. It supposedly came from Margaret Aitken but she must have been hacked too. I received 144 failure notices which I deleted. This morning an email to someone else whom I write regularly came back with a failure notice. I ran Stopzilla and it detected no threats.
***** ******
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Try to send a test email to your self and let me know if that comes with an error.

What operating system you have on the computer, Windows or Mac?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a doctor's appointment and only have an hour before I have to leave.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

I see you have requested an additional service for secure remote assistance. i have sent you the offer.

Let me know once you accept i will send you a remote link to run.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use a prepaid card and it is low on money. I'm surprised there was enough to sign up for this. I have a doctor's appointment and can't take time now. I was just told I should call AT & T. Thanks anyway.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
see above not. I guess just cancel this.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

you can come back and i will be online all you do is reply back from your email you will see justanswer email and i will be notified.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's all right. I thought the question was just a computer test.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Status: payment failure for remote assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Michelle, They evidently found the $40 on the card or I think they would not have proceeded. If they did not, I added money to the card and they have my card number.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

I am ready to help you let me know if you want to continue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you have received the money you indicated was not originally received, the computer seems to be all right. Somebody got it fixed. Maybe it was AT & T.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

At&T is your service provider and they do not provide tech support for a pc or a computer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is fixed. If you have already done it, check my card again. If you did not, we can drop the correspondence for the computer seems to be all right now.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Signing off The computer has recovered. I do not need further service. Thank you. Goodbye.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thank you.