Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have a HP laser jet 3030. I have 2 apple computers with

Customer Question

I have a HP laser jet 3030. I have 2 apple computers with the software for the 3030.
I consistently get the notice that the printer is not connected. I have replaced
the cord between the printer and the computer (usb port). Still, no go.
Is it possible that updated software might work? The printer does xerox or copies.
Can you email me the software to try it before purchasing a new printer? Thanks
Jim Fosshage ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean it cannot print at all now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try a possible fix below:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  2. Then open Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax)
  3. Then click on the HP printer there, and click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and delete it for now. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  4. Make sure printer is powered on, and make sure the USB printer cable is securely connected to both printer and computer.
  5. Click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, and see if it detects your HP printer. If yes, select it and add it.
  6. Then check printing.

- If there is still any issue, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How is it going? It's been a few days. Do you still need help with the printer issue and/or with anything else?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,