Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

Asus laptop won't start. light comes on start button but

Customer Question

asus laptop won't start. light comes on start button but that it. Also cap lock key stuck on. Went to bed ith computer just fine and next morning got this
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Q80f? can that be right?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Q501L
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: tried to remove battery and restart with F keu and no luck
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!