cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

Ok I pressed the onóff button as you counseled, but with no

Customer Question

ok I pressed the onóff button as you counseled, but with no result. what now ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-am4mdajw- replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to do everything in my power to answer your question to your full satisfaction!

hi was a expert helping you with this matter what is going on with your appliance

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my kindle (American purchased by amazon) stops reavcting after a few minutes, how can I release it ? I already tried your advice to hold the on/off button for 40 sec. but it did not work ? what now ? Claire
Expert:  technicalcat replied 4 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I still did not get an answer as how to release my kindle. after a few minutes of working normally, it gets stuck ans does not respond of any try to go on. what now?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 months ago.

Question? Is your kindle unplugged when you press the power button for at least 30 seconds?

If not please unplug kindle

press power button for 30 seconds

set aside for it to reboot (could take up to 15 minutes)

If that still doesn't work how old is your kindle or when did you purchase it?

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 months ago.

Also I would like to say before you do all of that:

1. Fully charge Kindle (at least 1 hour)

2. Then press the power button for at least 30 seconds (please count it)

3. Lay it down for at least an hour (it has to be turned off)

4. After the hour pick it up and press power button to turn on

Let me know what happens by replying to this chat. Also I need to know how old your kindle is?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did all the abovementioned advices, but now it is stuck with "software updateänd there is no way to get further. This kindle has been purchased in the US around may 2015, perhaps 2014 ?? what shall I do now ? waiting for your advice. thanks a lot, Uri.levy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did all the abovementioned moves, but now it is stuck with "software upgrade"" and I do not get further. It has been purchased in the US around may 2014 or 2015. Waitinf for your further help. Thank you.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 months ago.

Okay, now I want you to hold it down again for 30 seconds and let it power off, then let it set for about 5 minutes or so. Then power it back on.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 months ago.

Also try charging it from a different cable cord just in case your adapter is bad. Make sure you have a full battery. If you charged it for an hour and it still doesn't get past it, charge it from your computer.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 months ago.

Once again make sure kindle is fully charged. It has to fully charge about 2 to 5 hours depending on what cable you used.

Do you know if your Kindle has a warranty? If you have done all of the following the last thing you can do is to Contact Amazon or Kindle:U.S. and Canada: 1-***-***-**** Kindle Support: 1-***-***-**** International: 1-***-***-****.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i did everything according to your advice, all I got is a stuck page with a heading "software update"and from hat it does not move ???
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 4 months ago.

OKay at this point I am out of options. We have done everything to reset kindle. Is your warranty still in effect? If you do not know please contact the numbers above to see. Amazon keeps a list of items you have bought so it will be easy to log into their and see what year you bought it from. Then there are only two ways to fix (because it sounds like your kindle is not able to be fixed unless you send it in), send it in for repairs under your warranty or send it back to amazon (which if it has been over 90 days you can't which I see you bought in either 2014 or 2015. The other way is to contact Kindle and see if you can send back to them for to be fixed or for them to send you a new one.