technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years experience. B.S. Computer Science
65369237

Purchased a new computer. Need to install AOL 10.0 or latest

Customer Question

Purchased a new computer. Need to install AOL 10.0 or latest version,
JA: What version of AOL are you using? And have you installed any updates lately?
Customer: Do not have any AOL at the moment, We have dial up internet service and my gate to it has always been AOL.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We've tried everything , nothing works. Called AOL over the weekend , the voice said we need a disc to start all over and install the latest version AOL 10.0
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can you provide such a disc?
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

You can download the AOL software, and save it to a CD, USB drive, or external hard drive. You can then use that to install it to your new computer.

Here is the link to download the desktop software:

https://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows

Do you have a MODEM installed on your new computer? If you plan on using dialup, you will need a modem, a land phone line, and an AOL dialup account. Here is a link to the AOL dialup account setup. This will likely also take you through the downloading of the software, but if you download it over the dialup , it may take some time:

http://get.aol.com/plans/dial-up-internet.php

IMPORTANT

********************************

Please don't forget to rate my time and help to you before you go. If you need any further assistance, please just reply to this conversation. I continue to help before and after rating until you are satisfied. Thank You.

********************************