cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

Accidentally choose 'no' to save a Windows Live email draft,

Customer Question

Accidentally choose 'no' to save a Windows Live email draft, can I recover it?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: going into 'draft' file and 'find'
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not a the moment
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

To recover the lost draft follow the given the steps below:

1. Sign in using your Microsoft account.

2. Click on the gear icon (located on the upper right corner of your screen.) then “More mail settings"

3. From the Outlook Options screen under the category Customizing Outlook, click “Advanced privacy settings”.

4. Under Deleted messages category, tick on "Let me recover deleted Messages".

5. Click Save.

Go to your Deleted folder and scroll down the page. Click on recover deleted messages.

Please note you can only recover emails that has been deleted within 5 days. If the draft email was not recovered, it could be possible that the email was already purged by the system.

Let us know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this was a 'draft' not 'deleted'
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

if its not deleted then it should be under the drafts folder.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was working in 'drafts' and accidentally choose 'no' rather than 'save'
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

did you follow the steps given above?

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.
Rate only when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Went to my Microsoft Account, however, did not find the gear icon (located on the upper right corner of your screen.)
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

i will open this question to other experts for the views and input.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still searching?
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to say if you did not save a copy of the draft and you did already hit no to save the draft, it has been purged from the system and you will not be able to get it back.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

You are very welcome and I am a sorry you can't get your draft back. If you would have closed without saying yes or no it would have saved your draft.

Please RATE 4 stars or above and I will close the ticket.