Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

Just bought a zune hd 16gb on Amazon. Loaded the Zune

Customer Question

Just bought a zune hd 16gb on Amazon. Loaded the Zune software on my laptop which runs Windows 7 Pro. Once I connect the Zune player I get an error: c00d133c (80190194) stating device wasn't updated. How do I fix this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Try resetting the device as follows. Disconnect it from your PC first, then..

1. Press and hold the On/Off button for about 10 seconds until the player restarts.
  2. Immediately press and hold both the Media button and the Home button until CONNECT ZUNE TO YOUR PC is displayed on the screen.

Now, connect it to your computer and launch the zune app.. It should offer to update the device.. It should take about half an hour to complete. Let me know if you get stuck or run into any issues during this process.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anything else you can suggest.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

What exactly happened when you tried the above? Did the steps go as planned?

Did you see the CONNECT ZUNE TO YOUR PC message on your Zune?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I get the connect zune to pc. When the Zune software loads, it recognizes the Zune and gives me the same error codes/ msg.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. Please let me know if you still require assistance and I would be happy to help you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I request a refund, as my issue hasn't been solved.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

I am not the original expert that attempted to assist you. If you would like me to continue working with you, I would be happy to do so. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have spent two days on the phone w/ Microsoft, then sought your site to assist me. Nothing that has been tried has worked. I Request a refund.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Very well. I submitted your request.