Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Looking for the best and least expensive way to correct

Customer Question

Looking for the best and least expensive way to correct Windows 10 errors. I have been using an Indian company based in the UAE. They have done a very good job, but their work is expensive, and, as often as errors occur, I would like to find a less expensive method.
What is the most effective and least expensive way to correct Windows 10 errors.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi Ken. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

I'm not sure what you're paying the company in the UAE but

is a great place to come for your Windows 10 issues.

Many issues can be corrected with tools built in to Windows 10.

What kind of issue are you having now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Each correction costs several hundred dollars. I originally had Windows 7. Windows sent me a message stating that a free download of Windows 19 was available. I had staff at the local Staples do this for me. The Indian company called me and at the same time were in my computer, domonstrating the hackers had breached my computer and were using it. It cost several hundred dollars to clean my system and several hundred more to provide security to prevent further intrusion. They also told me the Windows 10 that had been downloaded was temporary and it cost several hundred for a 10 year permanent licence..
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

What you were told is not accurate. The Windows 10 upgrade is free for Windows 7 and 8.1 users.

A retail copy of Windows 10 Home is a one-time charge of $119.95.

Microsoft was originally going to end the free upgrade July 29 but it is still available.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Are you having any issues with your computer now?