Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

Trying to sign in to my account keeps asking for a 4 pin

Customer Question

trying to sign in to my account keeps asking for a 4 pin code
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What email are you trying to sign into? are you using a browser or desktop application?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
email***@******.*** trying to sign into turbo tax I use explorer

so turbo tax is asking you for the 4 digit pin?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not sure I have two ways to sign into my computer one is with password ***** one is a 4 pin code its an hp computer and the box looks the same as the one I use to sign into computer

can you tell me the steps you take 'go to webpage, sign in etc.'

and can you tell me exactly what the message says?

Friendly reminder. only click accept on offer if you want me to fix this for you inside your computer via remote session.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok never mind you took my 40 dollars no more new I should not have done this scam thanks for nothing I will just call turbo tax

No, that is an offer, for people who want that service only. Many people do not like to do it on their own.

We are not a scam. I do understand the skepticism, but it doesnt work like that and you were not charged

for the remote 'offer'.

We continue back and forth here if you do not want that option until we figure out what is wrong and try to

resolve it.

Also, if you would like to get your pin, you can go here (unless it is your computer asking for pin, we didnt get that far)

And if you want to call them. That is fine.

1-***-***-**** to get your pin.