Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

It stays in black screen when I push the power button, It

Customer Question

It stays in black screen when I push the power button
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: It started today was working fine last night it's a gateway NE 522 series
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Take out battery and unplug the charger push f11 f5 f6
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It's just a blank black screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. There are a couple of things I would like you to try. If you have a regular computer monitor, try plugging it in to your Gateway to see if you can see your desktop. If you don't have one, shine a flash light close to the screen and see if you can see any of the icons. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't have another screen and shining light didn't do anything
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Put the light right up against the screen and look close. It may be hard to see.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing I could see
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Okay, and the screen if completely black then correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Okay, one thing you can try. Remove the battery and unplug the power supply if it is plugged in. Press and hold the power button for about one minute then power it back up and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did that before we started having an conversation idk why the screen won't do anything
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Look at the top function keys and see if you can locate one that looks like a little monitor. Try pressing and holding the function (fn) key then press that F key to see if the screen will turn back on.