Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am unable to log out of my computer. Note o screen states

Customer Question

I am unable to log out of my computer. Note o screen states Firefox is keeping you from logging out. what do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 4 months ago.

Is this issue on a Mac or on a Windows?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

My computer is a Mac; however, the note on screen says to reopen with Windows. So, I don't know how to answer your question.

Press command + option + escape to pull up Activity Monitor. Let me know when done.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Okay, Do you want me to open the window "force quit" by pressing command-option-escape and then do I click each of the apps, or do I need to click them?

You need to click Firefox and then force quit it, then try logging out. For some reason, Firefox seems stuck

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

The activity monitor listing the recently used apps along with Firefox and the "force quit" button is gone. Did Firefox simply fail to respond? It was at the top of the list and the only app I clicked.

What can be done now?

It may have been closed. Are you able to log out now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I will try right now; but, I haven't used the force quit for the other apps which were listed as keeping me from logging out. Do you want me to try to log out now?

Yes, force quit only when the app tells you that it is keeping you from logging out.