Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years ExperienceCCNA Network EngineerA+ Net+ Linux & Windows OSC++ Programming
74139101

I have Eudora 6.2.3.4 installed on Win 7 and want to go to

Customer Question

I have Eudora 6.2.3.4 installed on Win 7 and want to go to 7.1 Questions:
1. Every site I have checked wants me to download some other software before downloading Eudora. Driver updates are the most common demand, but I know the scam that is. However, other sites want me to download and pay for other software. What is the best site from which to download 7.1? I am concerned Trojan horses.
2. Eudora prior to 7 tries to update the registry upon open. I know they are not able to do that, but I wonder if 7.1 is still attempting to do that.
3. I am also attempting to learn where Eudora 6 stores the location of mail and attachments. I'm still working on that, but could you answer that one, as well?
Will these 3 questions each result in a charge to me? If so, just answer the 1st question. Thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hi John, welcome.

Just to be clear, you can upgrade to Windows 8 (which implies 8.1) or Windows 10 there is no Windows 7.1

If you upgrade to 8/8.1 you might need to set it all up again, if you upgrade to 10 all your data on Eudora will be moved over just how you have it now on 7.

You might want to consider moving onto Thunderbird as Eudora is no longer being updated.

If you like I can connect with you remotely and help you do it otherwise simply type a reply using the box underneath.

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

John do you need further help with this?

I don't mind helping you beyond your initial request as long as it's on the same topic.

Be sure to clarify all doubts before proceeding as you could lose your emails and we don't want that!

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,