Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a new Lenovo x1 Yoga with Windows 10. I have the

Customer Question

I have a new Lenovo x1 Yoga with Windows 10.
I have the following problem:
I use the Yoga in Tablet mode.
When I get back to Laptop mode -- the cursor disappears and touchpad is disabled.
The only way to get the cursor and touchpad back is to re-start the machine.
Shimon Ullman ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

you will have to let the Lenovo Yoga be on the laptop mode and then open device manager and remove touchpad and mouse driver and restart the computer after that.

Download and install the drivers back and update it that will take care of the problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This session I have with you is NOT from the computer I have a problem with, so a secure connection to this computer I am using now will not be helpful
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

not a problem remote access is only good to go when we are communicating from the problem computer.

I gave you steps to follow did you follow the driver removal steps?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did not do it yet. I did try to update driver to the latest version, which is from 2016. The driver version for the Synaptic pointing device is 19.3.4.16. which seems to be the most updated one --
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 months ago.

i know its updated with latest update however if the file is corrupted it will not ask you to remove it and reinstall it back.

Try to remove the drivers and restart the computer download and install the latest driver back and that should take care of the sync while you doc or undock the yoga.