comp_audio, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ Years exp. CompTIA A+, Lenovo and Dell Certified.

I'm having problems getting my majic to work. After getting

Customer Question

I'm having problems getting my majic jack to work. After getting it activated and registered all I get when I pick up the receiver is "error 42 check internet connection."
Category: Computer
Expert:  comp_audio replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to assist you today. Please give me a minute to find the information for you. Thanks for your patience.

I have seen this before and it is a common issue. The MJ+ does not work with network security features found in current DSL/Cable/routers. If you've purchased MJ+ and get "error 42" or similar, you can just plug the MJ+ into your computer. If you do not want to do that there is another way to resolve this but it will take a little time and tech savvy knowledge. If you're technically inclined and want to tackle it yourself I can send you the instructions, or if you prefer I can also "Offer Premium Services" (for additional fee of $20) and do it for you via remote control while you watch. Let me know how you would like to proceed. I appreciate your patience and look forward to hearing back from you soon.