Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Windows 10 jamming up my computer with" script". I can find

Customer Question

Windows 10 jamming up my computer with "long script". I can find how to eliminate this bug for windows 7-9 but not for 10. Is there any hope? We have (2) of these, and I can't do my banking! Also our computers keep "jumping" size, from desktop icons to every app. Can't find the cause. Microsoft does NOT respond to any queries. Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Thomastech replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

So you are unable to access any secure site that requires a password...is that correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. I can get into the sites, but when I try to work in the sites (like paying a bill, check out pending payments, etc). My computer does a "mini" freeze and posts : "(_________) is not responding due to long script. Close Script? (Yes) Cancel? (X)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am often forced to reboot the computer and start over. This week I went to pay 4 bills through my bank and it took me 3 hours of messing with "long script". According to info I can find on internet this is a huge problem with MS windows 10. I can't get them to connect with me on the warranty, and I am desperate for my accessibility. And just now the lettering has jumped to 235 and back down to 90% and CITANA keeps popping up, when I don't even want it. I have had computer about 4 weeks now. But I have another one with windows 9, tried to upload 10, windows 10 malfunctioned so no upload, but now it does the same things as my newer one. Both are under a year old.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think it has to do with apps.. size just dropped to 40% .. so the oom is messed up. I anyboidy still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
zoom..
Often desk icons will leap in size during the malfunction, too.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HELLLLOOOOOO!

Just so we know it isn't browser specific, can you try with Google Chrome? Let me know if it does the same thing. https://www.google.com/chrome/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You have lost me... I don't have Google Chrome. How do I do that?

It is the browser I use, I'm just curious if you have the same problem with it. Click this blue link, then click Download Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I downloaded and it installed. Now what do I do?

Try to access the same sites, and see if you get the same scripting error.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay... hold on.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
34;Chase Bank is not responding due to long running script. Stop Script? (X)" I can get into main page, and next page, but the 3rd page is a no-go. Now let me

And you are accessing Chase Bank through the Google Chrome browser, yes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know everything just froze up on me so I hve no idea. do I need to reboot?

Please do. Sounds like you have serious problems going on. Did you start having problems only after upgrading to Windows 10?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This computer came with Windows 10; the other computer - yes. I went in and manually make chrome the browser. rebootingl

So you're having the same problem on two different computers?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had to come back via Edge browser, because I can't find GC to open browser. Not at start or task bar???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Coertana keeps popping up and wiping everything out! That's a Microsoft mosquito

Another thing to try...down by your start button in the bottom left hand corner there is a search bar. Click in that search bar and type in 'Internet Options'. You should see an icon for 'Internet Options' appear under best match. Click that. This will open internet properties. Click the Advanced tab, and under Browsing, make sure that Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) is checked, as well as Disable script debugging (Other).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's the problem... Cortana covers it up. I am trying to get rid of that right now... rebooting

Any luck?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok.. poohy. Do you know what EVERNOTE is? It is in my files taking 210 and pops up frequently that it is preventing me from closing computer. I tried to uninstall but it is doing it. Still looking at cortans.. and the Google Chrome shows 7/13/2016 as being installed, but nothing from today

Ok.

Looks like you need someone to remote in and fix your problem. Unfortunately I'm leaving for the day and can't connect to you, but let me open up the question to another expert who can help. Standby.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just got Evernote (210 mb) uninstalled and Dropbox to. I think the Cortana is the search for Edge. Now will try internet options in that search.
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please. n I just swithed to Google Chrome so haven't tried my bank account yet... would you like me to try it first? This page is NOT on Google chrome, because I began on Edge and it didn't move over.

This is upto you. You can try Google Chrome, and i am certain that it will not produce long script errors. If it works for you then you can use it, if you want to use Firefox then i can remote in and troubleshoot it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK ... just give me a couple minutes.. thanks

Sure. Take Your Time :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That seems to be working much better! Thank you God! And you two, also. Let me try it for a day or so, and if more problems, I will get back for hook up.

You're Welcome. It will work fine, i can promise that. I use Google Chrome (myself). Mozilla is good, but Chrome beats it. And, if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon that will be greatly appreciated. Thanks