Greg A.
Greg A., Consultant / Engineer
Experience:  Working in Computer/Electronics 25+ Years, Storage Interface Expert

I have been getting phone calls indicating that someone (or

Customer Question

I have been getting phone calls indicating that someone (or something) is trying to access my Microsoft account. Not sure if this is a legitimate phone number (due to phone scams). This is the number(###) ###-#### Is there anyway someone can verify this number is ***** Thank you, Jan
Category: Computer
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

You are right to be concerned about this call, it is 100% a scam. Your Microsoft account (or whatever) does not typically report to anyone about problems and no legitimate tech support company would ever call you first.

What they are trying to do is connect to your account and then they will lie to you about problems that you do not have. They may also try to get other personal information from you, and charge some money to "fix" a problem that doesn't really exist.

Here is an article by the federal trade commission about these type of scams:

If they do call again simply hang up, do not give them any information or speak to them at all, hang up. And do NOT call back any number that you are given to call back.

They will eventually stop calling and move on to the next victim.

One other thing you can do IF your phone has the capability is to block the call that came in originally - based on the Caller ID.

If you need to discuss this further please let me know. If you understand everything from my answer above please rate my service to finish. Positive ratings are very appreciated and are how I receive credit for my time and expertise.

Thanks & Stay Safe with your personal information, Greg A.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-