James Gilmer
James Gilmer,
Experience:  IT Manager at Midstates Petroleum

Can you recommend some laptops that would be good for my

Customer Question

can you recommend some laptops that would be good for my usage? I typically use computers for streaming video, emailing, social media, some light video editing. Thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  James Gilmer replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** you for using justanswer. What is your budget for a laptop?

If you are on a tight budget, a Chromebook can be a great value. Highly secure and can do the things you are asking. Chromebooks can be bought for as low as $200. The light video editing you mentioned can be done, but keep in mind with a Chromebook, most of your data is kept in the cloud. If you are in need of a windows laptop, would need to know your budget.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm willing to spend about 1000. I've checked out Chromebooks but I think they are too small for what I want to do. Thanks.

I would recommend ASUS laptops. I've had the ASUS K501UW-AB78 for a couple months and it has been great. Super fast load times, and also would be great for video editing. Has a 512gb ssd drive and a decent graphics card in it. The latest skylake i7 cpu as well. Windows 10 of course.

My laptop before this one was an ASUS as well. Has been a great reliable machine.