Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions

Toshiba satellite A505 wont turn on, Windows 7, Taking

Customer Question

Toshiba satellite A505 wont turn on
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 7
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Taking battery out and disconnecting power source. Holding power down for 30 seconds and trying to attach battery again and power cord. Then try to turn on and still nothing works. Done this at least 5 times
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: How much will it cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Ok.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is*****'ll be assisting you today.

It sounds like you have done quite a bit to resolve this on your own! Let's see if we can finish this out together.

My first question is this. What is the voltage/wattage of your charger? It should say it on the charger itself.

My second question is have there been any storms, power surges, etc? If static in the laptop is causing an issue, I would take the battery out and unplug for 10 minutes. It takes 10 minutes for static to fully discharge from a machine, even after you hold the power button.

Afterwards, I would try taking the battery out and turning it on from direct power with the adapter, if you haven't already. If that actually works, try with the battery alone.

The only other thing that I can think of is the RAM might have come loose or the power port for the adapter on the laptop needs to be blown out with canned air because it is not connecting.

Basically, if it doesn't work after that, there is a short somewhere on the motherboard and the laptop would probably need to be serviced.

I hope this helps.

As far as payment, I have no control of what the service costs but I do have control over what price you are willing to pay by submitting that to our moderator.

If you have any more questions, please reply back.

If you don't, then don't forget to rate my answer with 3 stars or more so that I may receive credit.

Please remember that we aren't affiliated with Toshiba. We are just technicians with our own businesses. We answer questions here on faith that our clients will give a rating so that we may receive payment.

I thank you for choosing Just Answer and giving me an opportunity to resolve your issue.

Were you still having issues with this? Let us know!