Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I bought PAW-RED-DVDRW External USB 3.o Aluminum 8X DVD-RW

Customer Question

I bought PAW-RED-DVDRW External USB 3.o Aluminum 8X DVD-RW Writer Optical Drive with Lightscribe (Red) on 12/9/2016. Suddenly, I cannot get the Drive to Print what I have created in SureThing Version Gold 6. I have hounded every - HP and now you for a solution so I can print my label on LightScribe CD's. Do you have any advice?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** Just Answer. Keep in mind that we have no affiliation with HP. We are everyday technicians with our own businesses.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from the actual device manager? We may have to troubleshoot SureThing to find an answer as well.

In Windows, to uninstall and reinstall a driver, you will go to your search box next to start and type in DEVICE MANAGER. Once you open it, go to CD/DVD drives, find your drive and right click on it. Click UNINSTALL but make sure you KEEP the driver by unchecking the box if it is checked. Once it uninstalls, go to the top menu, click on ACTION and then click on SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES. It should reinstall the drive itself. If you have a new driver/software from HP and the drive is the issue, this SHOULD work.

If not, we need to troubleshoot SureThing so please reply back.

If this worked, please rate my answer with at least 3 stars so that I may receive credit for this.
Thanks. I hope this works.

Were you able to resolve this? Thank you!