Rath, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

Dustin, I have had a similar experience as the one described

Customer Question

Hi Dustin,
I have had a similar experience as the one described on this link. The organization that supposedly fixed my computer was Tech Backer. They have a website Tech When I called the phone number from the website the person who answered (having and Asian Indian accent) looked up my name and reported that they had a file with my name and said I owed them $420. He sounded very legit and told me that once I paid the money I had one year warranty on all my computers which include a desktop, lap top and notebook.
Should I be sending them the money? If I don't can they cause problems with my computers? The address is Tech Backer LLC 3870 E. Flamingo Rd.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rath replied 2 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Please stop any and all further communication with this party, Tech Backer; it's a rogue service that tricks people into allowing them access to their computers and paying for their useless services, and is NOT affiliated with Microsoft or Windows in any way. You do not need to pay them anything for their "warranty" either - your computer is perfectly fine.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.