Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am running 64-bit Dell Windows 7 Enterprise with i5-5300U

Customer Question

I am running 64-bit Dell Windows 7 Enterprise with i5-5300U CPU. I have this problem of scroll bars disappearing if mouse is moved over to the second monitor. How to keep the scroll bars visible at all times?I don't recall the same issue in XP.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What program is it disappearing in? Firefox, Chrome, IE? (please check and specify if it happens in one or all please)

~Franklin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Primarily MS Office programs including Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Does not happen in Outlook, IE, Lync, etc.

Try this for me.

Activate the File tab of the ribbon.Click Options.Click Advanced.Scroll down to the Display section.Make sure that the check box "Show verticval scroll bar" is ticked.Click OK. In Excel first.

if it now shows, that is what you do for your programs.

If this is a resolution issue with second monitor (i had the same issue, my second is a dell, first is vizio) And the word doc is 'to big'

and we will have to adjust your resolution on that second monitor.

Let me know what happens.