Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Networks & Security Engineer
76221641

I just bought it a few days ago I want to upload some photos

Customer Question

I just bought it a few days ago I want to upload some photos from my canon camera onto my computer.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: the camera or the computer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I had to remove my mouse from its USB because I could not fit the cameras USB into any of the other slots. Now what I need is to know what to do from here. My computer is a Lenovo idea pad10015IBD
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: my camera is a canon power shot elph170115
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Do you have camera's USB cable or a memory card reader please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please tell me what to do so the next time I will know what to do myself.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Yes sure, just tell me what is your operating system (windows or mac) also Do you have camera's USB cable or a memory card reader ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had to remove usb cable for the mouse to find a portal to fit the USB for the camera. I have plugged in the camera USB. it is now hooked up to the computer. The computer is a Lenovo idea pad 100-15IBD. the camera is a canon power shot. I need to learn how to upload from the camera to the computer.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Ok good, What is the version of your windows (7,8 or windows 10 )?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
windows 10
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Once you connect your camera, your computer will mount the camera as a new drive. open up Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and look for the new drive letter (D, E, or F, most likely). Now Expand that new drive until you see the DCIM (Digital Camera IMages) folder and its subfolders. That's where all your pictures are.

select all the photos in the DCIM subfolders, right click and choose copy then create a new folder on the desktop, open up this folder and right click then choose paste.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

You are very welcome, so has everything worked out please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

Your satisfaction is my top goal.If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars, positive ratings are appreciated. if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you.

Note : Only rate if you are satisfied, Please do not rate an answer as bad or poor service if you are not satisfied.
if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 5 months ago.

regards,