Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I want to know the tech specs of the screen of thinkpad p50s

Customer Question

i want to know the tech specs of the screen of thinkpad p50s (FHD no touch version)
specially i want to know the color gamut, color deepness( 8 bit or 10 bit?) and the color accuracy (Delta E) of the screen
furthermore, if i connect a 10 bit monitor to the p50s via the dp ports, can the entire system works in 10 bit color mode?
thank you.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be answering your question today. Sorry we are so late. I just hopped on.

The Lenovo Thinkpad P50S (FHD - no touch version) screen comes with 2 different screens according to the specs. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE SPECS

15.6" FHD, 1920x1080, anti-glare, LED backlight, IPS, 250 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 400:1 or 500:1 contrast ratio, 160° viewing angle

AND 15.5" (394mm) 3K (2880x1620), anti-glare, LED backlight, IPS, 350 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 160° viewing angle

Color gamut - 100% of the sRGB range

Color depth - DeltaE Color 2.35 / Grayscale 3.33

Color Accuracy - Output can be changed anywhere from 8 bits to 16 bits.

The dock is limited in a single DP 1.2 bandwidth but there is a 'branching device' in the nVidia topology that can handle 3 1080p monitors (2x digital + 1 VGA).

You can probably run 2 in 10 bit mode but the quality will degrade with the VGA.

Hope that answered your question.

Reply if you need anything else.

If you don't, please rate my answer so that I get credit!

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if i only connect one 10 bit monitor through DP port, i can run it in 2560x1600 and 10 bit, right?

I just double checked to make sure and for all intents and purposes, you should be able to drive both on the system if you run it through the DP port. If you have any issues with it, don't use an adapter, get a straight 2-ended DP to HDMI cable and use that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you
You are welcome. If you get the chance, please rate the answer you received if it is satisfactory! Enjoy your setup! Have a good morning.

Did everything work as it should? Let me know!